Tuesday, March 16, 2010

new prescription

Question
hi there  had my new 2year eye test and was told i needed new glasses/presciption for distance ie: driving etc ive had them for 3 days but seem to find myself squinting and if i close my better eye my weaker is blurred even with my new glasses. ive had pains in my eyes and headaches since wearing my new glasses and also get slight double vision. when im not wearng my glasses my eyes seem to be just as bad. also if i wear my glases watching tv or on pc its blurry.


Answer
Please - go back to the doctor or optician and tell them of your experiences.  There are two possibilities:  1) the glasses were made incorrectly and do not match the prescription that was intended for you or

               2) The prescription given is what the doctor intended, but does not work for you.  



A return visit should clear this up for you.  Occasionally a person needs a few days to get used to a new prescription, but your symptoms sound so obvious and so extreme that I am certain a mistake was made at some level and you will never be able to get used to this prescription. It almost sounds like they gave you someone else's glasses!  People in the optical industry know this happens occasionally and should be willing to fix it for you at no charge.