Tuesday, March 16, 2010

problems with my vision

Question
Hello . I am a 31 year old female.I have worn glasses since I was 10 years old . I have a astigmatism . I had a pair of glasses that the lens was all crackly and dry looking . it was the right lens. Now I have had 3 eye exams in the last 4 months . The right eye is completely blurry . I can see out the left eye good and clear but I can not see anything out the right eye with the left one shut . You know how when you look at the pictures and it shows you one side with bad vision , and the other side as being clear . That is how my vision is . I am getting to the point that it is very noticeable to me . I have had my eyes dilated and my eyes looked healthy . I am a truck driver .... I need great vision . Can you offer any suggestions as to what has caused this . Am I possibly going blind ? Thank you for any response ...


Answer
Hi Pamela,

You definitely need to discuss this with your eye doctor or find another.  Certainly there is an explanation for your blurred vision in one eye (I assume it is with best glasses still blurry).  Especially with a CDL, you need to meet minimum vision requirements.  The possibilities for blurred vision are numerous but it should be pretty easy for the eye doctor to figure out what's wrong.  If they can't, then you need to see a different eye doctor or have more advanced testing.  If you have been told everything is fine, but can't see, there is a disconnect.  Write back if you have more details or questions.

Regards,

Mitch Axelrod, OD