Tuesday, March 16, 2010

reacurring eye errosion

Question
hi i recently went to see my eye dr. because my left eye felt scratched and kept watering i am a 44 year old male and wear perscription glasses for far sight>     at the visit she told me i had scratched my eye and had reacurring errosion because it would not heal >>>>they put a contact lense in with medication on it and it seemed to work>>>but now 2 days later it is all red and swollen and wont stop watering what should i do? it is sunday and they r not open thanks kevin>>>>>


Answer
Hi Kevin you need to see a doctor about this. You could have an infection or problem because of the contact lens (I assume you have been sleeping in it).  If the doctor does not have an emergency number or answering service, then try a different doctor and try to be seen.  The earlier treatment is begun the better, so try not to wait until tomorrow unless you have to and the condition is not too bad as you did not mention pain.  Depending on where you live  you may be able to find a doctor even at a commercial or mall setting.

I hope you get better soon,

Mitch Axelrod,OD