Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Poor Eyesight when waking up

Question
Good Morning,



I have been noticing now for a couple of months that when I wake up in the morning my vision is quite blurry.  Usually within two hours it becomes better but not to 20/20.  I have had Lasik performed twice on my right eye and three times on my left eye.  I also notice that when I read, use a computer, or just look at things up close my eyesight tends to weaken when I look away.  The blurriness does scare me as it seems to get progressively worse everyday.  Like I said it does improve after a couple of hours but not perfectly.



Thank you for your help!!



Sincerely,



Anthony


Answer
Dear Anthony,



Why have you had so many LASIK procedures repeated on your eyes?



Have they checked for any dry eyes quantitatively with TBUT or Schirmers test etc?



It could be dry eyes which is quite sever enough to be needing treatment aggressively.



If in Mumbai, please call the numbers below for an appointment.



Regards,

Dr Anand Shroff



Shroff Eye Hospital

222, S V Road,

Bandra West

Mumbai 400 050

India



Phone: 022 - 66921000/ 66939372



email: dranand@lasikindia.in

www.lasikindia.in



Shroff Eye Clinic

Gobind Mahal

86 - B Netaji Subhash Road

Marine Drive

Mumbai 400 002

Phone: 022 - 22814077, 2811863, 22029242





Shroff Eye Hospital is India's First Eye Hospital that the Joint Commission International (International Division of JCAHO, USA) has given accreditation for excellence in patient care and health care delivery. Shroff Eye is also India's first and only Wavelight Concerto 500 Hz LASIK center- The Worlds Safest and Fastest LASIK.