Sunday, March 14, 2010

Oasys vs accuvue 2

Question
I have been using an Accuvue 2 single lens in my right eye for reading. It works fine. It's a 4.0. I recently was advised to try an Oasys 4.0 and I did. I find that the ordinary Accuvue is much better for me-I can read much better than with the Oasys. They are both 4.0. Shouldn't they be the same as far as clarity is concerned? I can understand a difference in comfort (there is no difference for me in comfort) but I am thinking if both are 4.0 then my clarity should be the same and it's considerably different (worse) using the Oasys.


Answer
Hi John,

I guess even though they are the same power the optics are different. If the lens fits well and is not defective or inside out, then that is the only explanation.  And that should not surprise you as patients often report a preference in vision across various brands/models of contacts.

Regards,

Mitch Axelrod, OD