Tuesday, March 16, 2010

can i get my vision back

Question
I sas stabbed in my eye abot 3 years ago and have very minimal vision out my left eye the doctors took out my lens and said that i also suffered from a lot of blood in my eye would a cornea transplant give me my vision back


Answer
I am sorry to say that it is doubtful you could get your vision back from a corneal transplant, or surely the doctors would have recommended it.  I am sure you have a lot of corneal scarring if whatever you were stabbed with went through your cornea.  But, depending how far into the eye the weapon traveled, there could also have been damage to your retina and that would most likely not be fixable.  Since I cannot see your eye, I cannot determine this.  However, a visit to almost any eye doctor should result in an answer to your question.